Tobermore United (A)

1st Team
Irish Cup
Sat 5th Nov - 1:30pm
Wakehurst went into this game looking to extend their unbeaten run to 13 games but things started out poorly with the visitors getting caught cold with a long throw and Peter Duffin finished to open the scoring after just three minutes. 
It took ’Hurst until the 21st minute to settle after the early setback and they started to ask questions of the Tobermore defence when Charles Allen was played through on goal only to be blew up for offside. 
Zach Barr and Stewart Nixon were starting to find the space in behind the Tobermore back line more and more but Wakehurst’s final ball was letting them down.
Half Time: Tobermore United 1-0 Wakehurst 
At the start of the second half, Duffin picked up his second on the 47th minute but full credit to Wakehurst, who even at 2-0 down kept trying to apply pressure and their hard work paid off when Nixon played in Zach Barr who made no mistake in slotting it past McGraw in the Tobermore goal on the 69th minute.  
Wakehurst continued to keep up the pressure, looking to get the equaliser and were unlucky on two separate occassions to see headers come off the crossbar. 
Wakehurst were missing three regulars from the starting line up today but full credit must go to the lads who stepped up from the Strollers who worked their socks off and should be proud of themselves against a team who are strong in the division above.
Next week Wakehurst FC are away to Ballynure OB in the league in what should be another tough test. 
The game sees the return of Andy Laughlin and Conor Ross after serving suspension, also returning to the squad is David Mclaughlin who played 90 minutes for the Strollers after being out with knee ligament damage for eight weeks to strengthen the squad.
Starting Team: A. Findlay, K. McCartney, P. McClure, N. Swann, A. Millar, R. Bamber, J. Walker, C. Price, C. Allen, Z. Barr, S. Nixon.
Subs: J. Alexander (on for Walker, 65), J. Cupples (on for Allen, 71), M. Cochrane, R. Laverty.