Larne Tech OB (A)

1st Team
Sat 30th Jul - 2:00pm
Larne Tech OB 1-2 Wakehurst FC 
Wakehurst started the game at a fast pace in the first ten minutes where the football was extremely quick and the passing crisp. 
Kurtis McCartney played a long ball to Stewart Nixon's feet, who quickly turned his marker to get in behind the defence but was stopped by the Larne defender as he was sizing up for a shot.
Wakehurst had a couple more half chances throughout this period but didnt make them count and the game now became very open with both teams really going for it. 
Wakehurst were limiting Larne to little chances and on the 26th minute, Andy Laughlin burst past two defenders and played in debutant Ryan Sands who was unlucky not to score at the back post.  
The deadlock was broken on the 39th minute when McCartney whipped in an inch perfect corner and a diving header from Andy Laughlin gave Chris Keenan in the Old Boys' goal no chance. 
Half Time: Larne Tech OB 0-1 Wakehurst FC
Wakehurst were very disciplined in their team shape and were working hard to keep the hosts at bay and after a cross into the box the ball dropped to the edge of the box where a Larne player struck it, taking two deflections giving 'keeper Andy Findlay no chance and level the scores.
Wakehurst started to up their game and Peter Adams, Nixon, Conor Gregg and Sands all had chances but Larne defended well accompanied by a top performance from former Irish League keeper Chris keenan who had a smashing game. 
With ten minutes remaining, up popped Nixon to score the winner to end what had been a good game against a very good Larne Tech side and an excellent performance by all players today who kept trying to play the right way.
Wakehurst travel to University of Ulster, Coleraine on Monday night to take on a Coleraine Select side with a 7:30pm kick off.
Starting Team: A. Findlay, K. McCartney, A. Millar, P. McClure, C. Ross, R. Bamber (C), A. Laughlin, C. Price, R. Sands, C. Gregg, S. Nixon.
Substitutes: P. Adams, S. Mellon. D. Johnston.