Glebe Rangers (A)

1st Team
McReynolds Cup
Sat 3rd Dec - 1:30pm
Wakehurst were aiming to reach their first cup final under the new management team but came up just short at the Riada Stadium.
Both teams were missing quite a number of first team regulars and in a game that was extremely nip and tuck between the two league hopefuls, both teams cancelled each other out throughout.

In the first meaningful bit of play, Zach Barr played Stewart Nixon through on goal, only for the referee to blow for offside with the Glebe centre back playing the striker a good five yards onside before Barr got through on goal on the 21st minute but pulled his shot just left of the post. 

The deadlock was finally broken on the 29th minute when a Glebe midfielder played a long ball into the left channel and their striker finished well from a tight angle as the Ballymoney men went on to dominate the remainder of the half.

Half Time: Glebe Rangers 1-0 Wakehurst

'Hurst came out in the second half with much more purpose and were again unlucky with Barr through on goal on the 49th minute and just when Wakehurst looked to be gaining a foothold in the game, Glebe got goal number two after a misjudged cross fell at the back post and Ian Christie sneaked the ball just over the goal line before being cleared but the referee rightly ruled the goal.

Full credit must go to Wakehurst who never stopped trying to get back in the game and 13 minutes from the end, Nixon won a free kick on the edge of the box and left back McCartney stroked it into the bottom left hand corner giving goalkeeper Chris Fullerton no chance.

Wakehurst continued to push for the equaliser with Barr, Nixon and McLaughlin having opportunities when well placed and the team will feel disappointment after this but it will feel with the opportunities they had in and around goal, we had enough chances to progress to the final. 
We wish Glebe all the best in the final. 
MOTM: Peter McClure

There will be announcements over the next few weeks regarding some new recruits to the club to help push the team forward while next Saturday, the seniors are away to Limavady United in the Intermediate cup with a 1:30pm kick off at the Limavady Showgrounds.
Starting Team: A. Findlay, K. McCartney (C), J. Walker, P. McClure, N. Swann, A. Laughlin, D. McLaughlin, S. Nixon, C. Ross, C. Allen, Z. Barr.

Subs: A. Millar (on for Ross, 70), C. Price (on for Allen, 73), J. Alexander, D.Adams.